Saturday, January 17, 2009

Food Bank of the Rockies

On January 15, 2009 I volunteered at the Food Bank of the Rockies. This experience was a lot different than what I expected. I thought it was going to be a lot of standing around and waiting for people to come by and get a plate of food. On the contrary, we were very busy and when I say we I mean WE! Everyone had something to do at all times. The volunteers got their instructions and then we were on a mission! This food bank was not focused on individual people, but on agencies who order in bulk. Due to this factor, I got to extend my help in a big warehouse. They had everything from cereal to macaroni, from water to gatorade, and refrigerated and freezered items. The kind of work that I had to do with pallets and dolleys made me have a whole new apprecation for the work that is done on an everyday basis by the employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment